4 MAGNETIC FEET HOLD 4 INCH SQUARE w FINIAL OPTION fixture filter
THIS LIGHT HYGIENE FILTER CAN FIT ON THE LIGHT FIXTURES FOUND ON THIS WEBSITE LISTED AND LINKED BELOW. TO DETERMINE IF THIS FILTER WILL FIT ON A LIGHT FIXTURE NOT FOUND ON THIS WEBSITE NOTE THAT THE MAGNETIC FEET WILL HOLD ONTO A STEEL RING/RIM WITH A CENTER DIAMETER OF 3-5/8 INCHES. THEREFORE, IF ONE ALREADY HAS EXISTING RECESSED FIXTURES IN THE CEILING AND DESIRES TO DETERMINE IF THIS FILTER WILL HOLD ONTO IT, MEASURE THE STEEL FLANGE LIP TO SEE IF A 3-5/8 INCH DIAMETER CIRCUMFERENCE EXISTS FOR THE MAGNETIC FEET TO ATTRACT TO.
The centers of two opposing diagonal magnetic feet are 3-5/8 inches across from each other. Each foot is 1/2 inch wide.
Price range $31.51 - $62.67, depending on options selected.
The variants of this filter seen below are held magnetically to the flange of a fixture for the convenience of quick and easy attachment and removal.
Why, because it is assumed that a person may want to attach and remove this filter daily.
The high efficiency and high color rendering index bulb (individually sold on this website, or with a fixture), is intended to address tasks requiring high brightness and accurate color rendering for high and accurate human productivity. Unfortunately, the attachment of these filters lowers the color rendering index, and reduces light efficiency, but marvelously addresses light hygiene issues, which light hygiene issues may only occupy a percentage of the total time the lamp/fixture/bulb is used.
For example, a person may choose to prepare dinner with lights on and no filter attached (to enhance productivity and color rendering) and then attach the filter (to enhance light hygiene) during or after the dinner is served. The high color rendering lamps sold on this website are ideal for food preparation, with a color rendering index of 95. Sunlight is 100.
Thus, for circadian rhythm entrainment these filters will be attached only during needed times and then may be removed for high productivity/utility purposes, in the same timing- manner as light hygiene eyewear is used. Click here for instructions as to HOW/WHEN TO USE LIGHT HYGIENE EYEWEAR.
The same usage principle applies to the light-phobia migraine relief filtering; to be attached as needed, and removed when not needed.
But, for the purpose of low vision due to macular degeneration or retinitis pigmentosa, one may choose to leave a filter on permanently.
The red filter is for entraining circadian rhythm for day-time sleep for persons who work night-shift and desire "zero-blue and green light" in their living-space hours before attempting sleep.
The orange filter is for entraining the circadian rhythm for night-time sleep.
The yellow filter is for low vision persons, to entrain circadian rhythm for evening sleep, and/or for retina protection for all occasions caused by retinitis pigmentosa or macular degeneration.
The dark green filter is for migraine relief, as pure dark green light soothes migraine.
All four light hygiene filters share the same color-transparency-curves of the complimentary four kinds of light hygiene eyewear found on this website.
UNDERSTANDING THE OPTIONS:
1) Filter color: each filter style is available in red, orange, yellow or green; regardless if a picture is provided of what a specific style looks like in a particular color, or not.
2) To add further accent to this light hygiene filter, a 1 inch magnetic extender and beam spreader can be added to further scatter and soften the light, when matched with fixture AL12035.
3) This arrangement can be purchased without a center hole and finial, or it can be purchased with a 1/4-27 center thread or 1/8 IPS thread, so to accept a finial supplied by the customer, or finial can be purchased this site.
4) BELOW ARE TWICEBRIGHT FIXTURE(S) SOLD ON THIS WEBSITE THAT FIT THIS PARTICULAR STYLED LIGHT HYGIENE FILTER:
5) If a TwiceBright fixture is used with a Soraa lamp that has a beam spread of 25, 36 or 60 degrees, with the addition of a beam spreader lens of 25, 36 or 60 degrees, the total beam spread will be approximately the lamp beam spread PLUS the spreader lens spread.
SELECT A SORAA LAMP:
FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA AND CANADA $30.00 ELSEWHERE
See our BBB company reviews